Friday, September 16, 2011

Irony

I joined Facebook recently. Perhaps it was a matter of "how long can I be a hold out?" I did the same thing with my cell phone, I was one of the last of my friends to have a cell phone. Which, in hindsight, was pretty ridiculous. I don't know how many times I missed someone I was supposed to meet because I had no way to get a hold of them. Facebook was somehow different.

JE and I went to a wedding of a high school and family friend last weekend up in Foresthill. It was gorgeous and a little surreal. Her sister, who was my good friend and swimming buddy, is married to someone from our high school. His sister was also there with her husband. His best friend, also a HS friend, was there with his girlfriend. We were sitting with the later four and it was sort of weird to think about HS again. We left early because JE had the Tahoe bike ride the next day. On our trip to Tahoe, we passed the sign for Pollock Pines. Having just seen some old high school friends and acquaintances, I was reminded of my high school best friend. She came from Pollock Pines our seventh grade year and we instantly became friends. I lost touch with her around the time I went to Mexico. I remember hearing that she moved somewhere near where I currently live. I remember thinking I should look her up, but didn't really have a way to do so...or so I thought.

So, after the wedding and the little stroll down memory lane, I did look her up...because now I am on Facebook. I found out that we have lived in the same town for the past 7 YEARS! Living our lives mere blocks from each other. However, the irony of this is that two weeks ago, she moved...back to where we grew up. So, a little irony for your day.

I smile though because she and I were always kindred spirits and to know that for quite some time we ended up in the same place is so fitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home