Thursday, August 19, 2010

I could Tweet about the life of the unemployed...

Such as the fact my neighbor spends about 40% of her time screaming at her kids. Putting together resumes, writing samples, cover letters and scouring the web for organizations with which I need to build connections, I hear her screaming, at the top of her lungs. One time she was screaming at her daughter after she had made some sort of mess on the carpet, "What the F$%# am I supposed to do? Goddammit!," repeatedly. It pains me. Its none of my business how she deals with her kids, obviously, but its sort of hard to tune out. She's young, friendly, but obviously an overwhelmed singe mother. The rest of the people that live in my complex seem to have varying degrees of employment, some working insanely long hours and their cars are hardly here, while others seem to either work from home or not work. Its sort of surreal experience, all in all.

Last night was another experiment in cheese-making and pizza. We again made mozzarella and a whey pizza dough, and used the homemade pesto from dinner the previous night. JE decided he wanted a calzone with broccoli and spinach from the farm. I made a green and white pizza with pesto, feta, spinach, zucchini and topped with the homemade cheese. I love summer.

Photos from the farm...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home